RLPF – Non-Texas Schools
If you represent a school in the “other 49 states”, our intent is not to discriminate because you are not in Texas. The Texas Board of Education asked us to write Real Life Financial Mathematics, a one-year course. Real Life Personal Finance is a blended online, one-semester course.
Why select Real Life Personal Finance? There are four reasons:
- Unlike most personal financial literacy courses, RLPF is written and updated annually by award-winning financial professionals with credentials, advanced degrees and 30 years of experience. RLPF challenges students to acquire the knowledge and skills they will need in real life to solve personal and community problems.
- RLPF is a real-life course offers students the understanding of how and why to fund post-secondary education, identify careers that will bring satisfaction and probably not be eliminated by artificial intelligence, achieve personal goals, become financially self-sufficient and avoid future mistakes.
- While most secondary and post-secondary courses are taught with an instructional methodology of lecture, memorize, recite, RLPF applies a unique methodology to teach students how to critically think, problem-solve, work in teams, and make presentations, preparing students for the knowledge economy of the 21st century,
- Finally, RLPF is outcome based. It was piloted as an emersion summer school course for underserved sophomore students. 98% of course graduates entered college and 91.7% completed college in 6 years. This is an exceptional course for any young adult and motivates students to graduate career and college ready.
RLPF offers educators three formats for implementation:
1) Classroom Edition with a blended online, one-semester curriculum.
2) Independent Study Edition, ideal for students needing an extra challenge, students in credit recovery taking online courses to graduate from high school, parents who are homeschooling students, and parents or students who want this information and the graduation credit is not important.
3) Dual Credit Edition for students offering the course for dual credit at a university or community college.
In any format, RLPF engages students in practical real-life personal finance, career, post-secondary education funding and selection to achieve financial security and independence goals. It is suitable for any learner who wants to avoid future mistakes and acquire a deep understanding of personal finances.
D&A is a unique publisher. We offer this powerful, financial course with a socio-economic objective of preparing young adults to thrive in the knowledge economy of the 21st century. Should you need our assistance in cross-referencing RLPF with your state’s standards, please contact the president of D&A at Ken@DeckerUSA.com
For more information on RLPF, click on any and all of the pentagon topics or contact D&A with your specific questions.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes